- AJ has won four consecutive starts for the first time since a career-best eight straight from May-to-June, 2012, during his first stint with Pittsburgh.
- JHK enters the evening with a nine game hitting streak.
- The Pirates six-game winning streak is their longest since taking nine straight from June 20th-30th, 2013.
- The FO wasn't really foolin' anyone with their "busy doc" dodge re: Nick Kingham's arm, and they announced he had TJ surgery yesterday.
- For fans that follow the Bucs through the levels, ex-Bucco Jamie Romak is still banging baseballs in the minors.
Thursday, May 28, 2015
AJ v Kennedy; Lineup & Notes (Kingham gets TJ)
Today's Game: AJ Burnett (4-1, 1.37) opens the Friar series against Ian Kennedy (2-4, 6.11). Burnett has won four straight and his ERA is the lowest in the majors. He's been a rather pedestrian 2-3 with a 3.96 ERA in six starts against the Padres since 2012. As a Phil last year, AJ faced Kennedy twice, winning 5-2 in June at Citizen's Bank and losing 5-4 at Petco in September. Kennedy has lost his last three games, but was pretty sharp in his last outing against the Dodgers. He's 3-3/3.66 in eight lifetime starts against Pittsburgh. The game starts at 10:10 and will be on Root Sports & 93.7 The Fan. Root's broadcast will be sent to Korea.
Clint continues juggling his lineup; Gregory is back in and Jordy out. El Coffee is also returning to the back end of the order where there's less thinking and more "see the ball, hit the ball" plate mentality.