Jordy gets another start; he made a couple of very strong defensive plays last night to earn the nod. Otherwise, same ol'. Josh starts it off with Gregory in the two hole, and The Kid replaces JHK in the five spot.
- Cutch is hitting .368 in his last 21 games with nine doubles, five home runs, 16 RBI and 15 runs scored.
- Josh is hitting .439 with eight RBI in his last 13 games and is hitting .312 in 23 games this month.
- Jung Ho Kang is hitting .313 with five doubles, three home runs and 11 RBI to go along with a .396 on-base percentage and .883 OPS.
- Fran Cervelli has reached base safely in nine straight games and is batting .476 in his last 12 starts.
- Starling Marte has a May slash of .301/.354/.505 with four homers & 16 RBI.
- Pedro is hitting .357 with four home runs and 10 RBI in his last 12 games.
S/O to MLB.com's Pirate beat guy Tom Singer for finding May's exit velocity speeds (how fast a ball comes off the bat) for the Buc hitters on Baseball Savant. Funny thing; Jordy had harder contact than Starling or Josh: