Urena has three innings of MLB ball under his belt, a pair of relief appearances in April. But he's one of Miami's top youngsters, and was a force at AAA New Orleans, where he was 4-0 with a 1.21 ERA. He features a fastball in the 93-94 range and a breaking ball that's still a work in progress. Urena isn't a big strikeout guy, but he is the next in line as Miami's #2 prospect to fill the pitching breach with Henderson Alvarez, Mat Latos, Jose Fernandez and Jarred Cosart all out. The game starts at 7:05 and will be carried by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Today's Lineup - Josh Harrison RF, Neil Walker 2B, Cutch CF, Starling Marte LF, Jung-Ho Kang 3B, Pedro 1B, Fran Cervelli C, Jordy Mercer SS, Locke P.
|Jordy back in the lineup (photo: Justin Aller/Getty Images)|
- Cutch and Milwaukee's Ryan Braun were named the NL Co-Players of the Week. Andrew hit .450 with three HR, five runs scored and five RBIs.
- Jung-Ho Kang has a seven game hitting streak.
- Mark the Shark appears to be recovered from his dead arm issues earlier in the year. Not only is he 11-of-12 in save situations, but he was sitting on 91 last night, just a couple of ticks away from his usual fastball/cutter velocity of 92-93. He also recorded his 60th Pirate save, moving him into eighth place on Pittsburgh's all-time list.
- Arqimedes Caminaro hasn't been too busy of late, but his 21 appearances are the most of any NL rookie.
- Not only does Giancola Stanton (.527 BA) own Charlie Morton, but Jeff Locke also. The Miami outfielder is 6-for-12 with two homers, a double and two walks in 14 plate appearances against Locke.
- It works both ways: Per MLB Trade Rumors, "Korea’s Doosan Bears have agreed to terms with Indy 3B Deibinson Romero, Yoo Jee-ho of Yonhap News reports (hat tip to Dan Kurtz of MyKBO.net). A buyout still must be finalized with the Bucs, but Doosan has already announced that it will add Romero," who was slashing .302/.403/.548 with six home runs.
- Jordan Freemyer of The Daily Dish reports that Marlin 3B coach Brett Butler has been replaced by Lenny Harris. Freemyer cites confusion over signs. Butler was reassigned to coach OF'ers and baserunning.