Today's Lineup - Gregory Polanco RF, Josh Harrison LF, Neil Walker 2B, Starling Marte CF, Pedro 1B, Jung-Ho Kang 3B, Jordy Mercer SS, Chris Stewart C, Worley P.
A shook up get away day lineup - Cutch is off, Josh is in left for the second time this campaign, Kang is at the hot corner and Stew's behind the dish.
|Stew calls the game today (photo - Kris Klement/USA Today)|
- Don't believe that the Buc attack revolves around anyone but Cutch. Andrew knocked in the team’s two runs last night while going 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch, and has gone 11-for-29 (.379) with four doubles, a homer, six RBI and six runs scored over his last eight games, just about when the Pirate runs started flowing.
- If you wonder about scheduled days off for guys on fire like Cutch, Clint explained they're planned well in advance and unless something intervenes - a rainout, stretch of extra-inning games, injury, etc - they stick to the date
- Neil Walker extended his hitting streak to eight games last night.
- Deep (or trivial, take your pick) data mining: Pittsburgh has won seven of 10 series finales this season, while the Phillies are just 2-8 this year in the last game of a set.
- The Pirates start the first of four straight day games; their weekend series at Wrigley is a throwback set, with all the games in the afternoon.