Gio Gonzalez has found a personal caddy, ala Gerrit Cole & Chris Stewar, in Jose Lobaton. He's caught seven of Gonzalez’s past eight starts, and during that stretch, the lefty has a 3.14 ERA. Gio four-hit the Bucs earlier in the year, tossing seven innings of shutout ball with Lobaton as his battery mate. In six career starts against Pittsburgh, he's 3-0 with a 2.95 ERA. The game starts at 7:05 and will be on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Today's Lineup - Gregory Polanco RF, Starling Marte LF, Cutch CF, A- Ram 3B, Jung-Ho Kang SS, Fran Cervelli C, Neil Walker 2B, Sean Rodriguez 1B, Burnett P.
Aramis Ramirez debuts at clean up; Gregory is in against the lefty, Pedro is out.
|Back to the future with A-Ram (Bowman 1999 series)|
- Brent Morel's name wasn't on the lineup card; meaning he's the guy lopped to clear a space for A-Ram. (He was later DFA'ed, being out of options).
- JHK has hit .400 with a 1.094 OPS since July 6th, when Josh was put on the DL.
- The Pirates have homered six times in the last two games, going long three times in back-to-back games for the first time since April 30 (4) and May 1 (3), 2013.
- Aramis Ramirez will wear #17 and Pedro Florimon will change to #23. Nick Leyva gets to keep #16.
- Weekend warriors: The Pirates have won their last seven Saturday games at PNC Park.
- The game at PNC Park on Sunday, August 23rd against the Giants has been changed from 1:35 to 8:05 start to accommodate ESPN. The Steelers moved their pre-season opener against the Packers from 8 to 1 because of the change.