Pelfrey has hit on hard times, too, as he's winless in his last seven starts. Still, he's a tough hombre at home. The right-hander has posted a 2.22 ERA in eight starts at Target Field, and held the Pirates to a run over six innings May 20th in a no-decision at PNC Park. He's 3-2 with a 4.33 ERA against Pittsburgh lifetime.
Like the Bucs, Minnesota has had a feast or famine attack, scoring two runs or less in five of their last eight matches. The Pirates have gone 10-14 all time against the Twins, which includes an 0-2 record this season. Trivia point: Pittsburgh played its first ever interleague road game on June 16th, 1997 in Minnesota and won an 8-6 decision.
Tonight's game starts at 8:10 and is on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
- This is the Pirates first visit to target Field since 2009.
- Monday's Cubbies-Bucs game at PNC Park will be televised on ESPN.
- Steve Lombardozzi cleared waivers and has returned to Indy.
- Tyler Glasnow fanned a dozen hitters in six innings, but Altoona lost to Akron, 2-0.
- Bradenton SS JaCoby Jones has been promoted to Altoona. He hit .253 with 10 HR (tied 3rd in FSL) and 58 RBI (3rd in FSL) in 93 games.
- It was a good week for the organization. Bradenton OF'er Harold Ramirez was named the FSL Batter of the Week, Morgantown's Jonathan Brubaker was named the NYPL Pitcher of the Week and Bristol 1B Carlos Munoz was named the Appalachian League Batter-of-the-Week.