Rookie Ross is a fastball/slider guy (he hits 97 MPH) with a change to keep batters honest, and has a 4-1 victory with 10 K this year against AJ in his only outing against the Bucs. Should be a nice match up of two young power arms. The game starts at 1:35 and will be on Root Sports and 97.3 The Fan.
- Gerrit Cole has surrendered three runs or less in 18 of his 19 starts (two or less 14 times).
- Aramis Ramirez is tied with Brian Giles for sixth place on the all-time list for home runs hit at PNC Park with 45. He hit 29 while playing with the Pirates, 11 with with Cubs and five with the Brewers.
- And if you were wondering, Ramirez wasn't a clean-up guy for Milwaukee; he typically hit fifth or sixth.
- Bryce Harper has reached base in 22 straight games.
- In a notes column, Dave Laurila of Fangraphs talks with 1B Josh Bell and his stance as Bell looks for a better power-hitting platform.