|Jeff Locke looking to spin some ol black (and gold) magic tonight (photo Grante Jefferies/Bradenton Herald)|
Today's Lineup - Gregory Polanco RF, Neil Walker 2B, Cutch CF, Jung-Ho Kang 3B, Fran Cervelli C, Pedro 1B, Jordy Mercer SS, Sean Rodriguez LF, Locke P.
No change; Starling is in uniform but not in the lineup.
- The only two teams in baseball with 50 wins are the Bucs and the Cards. Makes us wonder if the two best teams in baseball by record have ever hooked up at PNC Park before?
- The Pirates have won five in a row; the Cards are in a stretch where they've dropped 6-of-10.
- Home sweet home: In the last 24 games played against the Cardinals at PNC Park, the Pirates have gone 17-7. The Bucs have gone 7-0-1 in their last eight series played against St. Louis at PNC Park, dating back to August of 2012.
- Andrew will become the first Pirate since Andy Van Slyke (1992-93) to make two straight starts in the All-Star Game.
- More Cutch notes: Since the start of the 2010 season, Cutch leads all NL players with 198 doubles; the 24 he has this campaign top the senior circuit.
- El Toro Time? Pedro has 14 home runs and 44 RBI against the Cardinals since the beginning of the 2012 season, which are the highest totals put up against the Redbirds over that span by any player in the majors.