Hellickson has been up and down. He's held opponents to two runs or less in 11 of his 22 starts, but been banged for a five spot or more five times, too. The Bucs bopped him 8-0 in April, his only outing against Pittsburgh. The game begins at 7:05 and will be on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan. And bring a poncho if you're going; there's a good chance of rain sometime after 9 o'clock or so.
- Yesterday was JHK's first day off in 34 games, a stretch that began on July 4th. Josh was hurt July 5th and Jordy a couple of weeks later, so it was all day, every day for Kang.
- Gerrit has gone three games without a win; he's only had one longer streak, a 2014 four game span without a victory, in his career.
- The two teams met in April at Chase Field, and the Bucs swept the Snakes. Pittsburgh outscored Arizona 14-2 during that series.
- Pittsburgh has gone 8-2 in their last 10 games and 15-6 in their last 21 games. Arizona has kind of sputtered along, going 5-5 in their past 10 contests.
- Kelsie Heneghan of MiLB.com has an Indy recap featuring Tyler Glasnow's five shutout innings and when he expects to be in the show.
- Toronto just called up old Bucco prospect Matt "The Hitman" Hague.