|JA Happ gets his second Bucco start (photo Dave Arrigo/Pirates)|
With series against the Cubs, Dodger and Cards in the rear view mirror (5-3 in those three series), New York is the latest en fuego challenge, having won 11-of-13 games as their hitting has begun to catch up (5.6 runs/game in the past 18 games) to the pitching. The game starts at 7:10 and will be on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Today's Lineup - Yah, taking awhile; the Bucs are doing some pre-game stuff to determine if Starling's hand is good to go; he ran and played the field late last night, but batting has been the sore point. So no lineup yet; we'll send it out as Clint publishes it.
- The Mets are 42-18 at Citi Field this season and have won seven in a row at home. Overall, New York is 11 games over .500 for the first time in five years.
- Offsetting that, the Pirates have won 12 of the past 16 meetings with NY and outscored them 21-4 while sweeping a three game set in Pittsburgh from May 22-24th.
- Yesterday's win in St. Louis snapped an eight game losing streak by the Pirates there that started on July 10th, 2014.
- Jim Callis of MLB.com picked the Pirates minor league system as sixth best in MLB.
- We missed yesterday being left hander day (so, apparently, did Frankie). History.com has the scoop on why lefty hurlers are called southpaws.