|A-Ram is in today (photo Dave Arrigo/Pirates)|
Today's Lineup - Starling Marte LF, Travis Snider RF, Cutch CF, A-Ram 3B, Neil Walker 2B, Fran Cervelli C, Pedro Alvarez, Jordy SS, Frankie P.
Looks like Gregory's knee is still bothersome; Lunchbox is in right. And we're a little surprised A-Ram got the start; he looked a little gimpy after his double last night, so we're guessing that's good news. Starling slides up to leadoff today with Travis in the two hole; otherwise same ol'.
- The Pirates have won seven consecutive road games for the first time since the 2013 season and a win today would give them eight straight wins on the road for the first time since 1987. The last time the Bucs won seven straight games in one continuous road trip was 1987 and the last time the Pirates won eight games in a row on one road trip was during the 1938 season.
- The Pirates are 34 games over .500 for the first time since 1991.
- Gerrit Cole yesterday recorded his 200th strikeout of the season, joining AJ Burnett (209 in 2013) as the only righthanders in team history to whiff 200 or more batters in one season.
- The Pirates are a MLB-leading 36-17 in one-run games.
- The Pittsburgh feel good stories have a little different tone this season than they did in 2013-14. Now they're about how they team is built for the long run.
- The Cubs clinched their playoff spot last night as the Giants lost. So did the Cards; Pittsburgh is just three games out of first.