Rookie Iglesias has been tossing it pretty well lately. Although he's 0-2 in his last outings, his ERA is just 1.93 over that time. He held the Pirates to four hits and two runs in 6-2/3 innings on August 1st in his first appearance against them, so he'll be a confident camper tonight. The game begins at 7:10 and will be on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
- The Bucs could stand to pick up their pace.They're are 2-5 after the first seven games of their nine game Central Division road trip.
- The Pirates released their 2016 schedule. They open at home against the Cards and play the AL West.
- The Reds are bringing up a small army today. Billy Hamilton is due to be taken of the DL, and AAA Louisville LHPs Brandon Finnegan and Tony Cingrani, RHP Josh Smith and IF/OF Kris Negron are being added to the roster.
- CBS Sport's Mike Axisa notes that Gerrit Cole isn't the only young guy whose innings are being monitored; the Crads and Mets, among others, are part of the club.
- Altoona IF Adam Frazier's .324 BA made him the third Curve player in the last five years to win the AA Eastern League batting title, joining Starling Marte (2011) and Brock Holt (2012).
- Minor league wrap-up: Four of Pittsburgh’s farm clubs have advanced to the post-season. AAA Indy of the International League tied for the best record in the IL at 83-61 and will host Scranton/Wilkes Barre tomorrow. AA Altoona of the Eastern League won the Western Division wild card and will host Bowie tomorrow night. The Class A West Virginia Power of the South Atlantic League concluded the second half with a 50-20 record and an overall record of 87-52, the best in the 11-year history of the franchise. They take on Hickory on Wednesday at home. The short season Class A Morgantown Black Bears clinched a wild card spot in the New York-Penn League and will host Williamsport on Wednesday.