Davies, part of the Gerardo Parra deal, will be making his third MLB start tonight. The Bucs roughed him up in his debut, but he tossed a strong game against Miami next time out. The Brewers support him well; they've scored nine runs behind him in both starts. The game starts at 7:05 and will be on Root Sports and KDKA-AM; Pitt is on 93.7 The Fan. The game should get in, albeit in dreary conditions, as the rain is supposed to turn to overcast skies by the afternoon.
Jung-Ho's turn to sit in Clint's musical chair lineup; Josh too as the Bucs opt for A-Ram & Pedro's bats against the rook Davies.
- JHK has a five game hitting streak.
- In the last eight games, Bucco starters have allowed nine earned runs over 48 IP for a 1.69 ERA.
- Overall this season, Pittsburgh catchers have produced a Major League-best .302 batting average and .373 on-base percentage.
- Milwaukee's Jonathan Lucroy (concussion) missed his third straight game and will be examined today by concussion specialist Mickey Collins of UPMC.
- The Bucs' Tyrone Brooks, director of player personnel (he oversees scouting) has been given permission to interview for the Brewer GM job. Fans here may be iffy about some FO moves, but the league (Miami just hired away another suit) thinks they're on the right track.
- Indy has made it into the International League finals against the winner of the Norfolk/Columbus series. Altoona lost Friday night and now trail the best-of-five series with Bowie, two games to one. The West Virginia Power play the final game of their best-of-three series with Hickory tonight on the road and the Morgantown-Williamsport final scheduled for today has been called due to rain and re-scheduled for tomorrow.