Greinke is killin' it this year. He's allowed zero or one run in 20 of his 29 starts, looking to become the first pitcher since Roger Clemens in 2005 to maintain a sub-2.00 ERA for an entire season. Zack gives up an average of six hits per game and K's eight, mastering the art of soft contact with great command of a fastball/slider combo. The Bucs haven't seen him this year, but have had success against him in the past, as he's 5-3 but with a 5.37 ERA in nine career starts against Pittsburgh. So there's that, at least... The game begins at 10:10 and is on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Not only are the Bucs facing two of the NL's top guns, but the Dodgers themselves have been on a roll, winning 17-of-22. Pittsburgh will have to be sharp and cash in when opportunity knocks, especially with the Cubbies filling up the rear view mirror.
- Daniel Kim told Joe Starkey of The Fan that Korea is in an uproar over JHK's takeout - and wondering why there was no payback.
- The Pirates have beaten the Dodgers six straight times, which includes a three-game sweep at PNC Park this season from August 7-9. The Bucs won three of their four games played at Dodger Stadium last season after losing nine straight games here and 17-of-19.
- If they keep up that pace, Cutch will be clutch. Andrew went 7-for-12 (.583) with two doubles, a homer, six RBI and five runs scored in the three games against the Dodgers at PNC Park this season. In his last seven games played against Los Angeles, Cutch is hitting .481 (13-for-27) with five doubles, two home runs, eight RBI and 10 runs scored.
- Jonathan Mayo of MLB Pipeline selected RHP Tyler Glasnow and 1B Josh Bell as the Bucs top prospects.
- Milo Hamilton died Thursday. The HoF announcer was in the Pittsburgh booth from 1976-79, but never won over the Buc fans. Following Bob Prince proved to be an insurmountable task.