- Stew isn't down for the count with his bruised ankle, which was wrapped heavily last night. He was available off the bench.
- The team still doesn't the whole medical evaluation of Gerrit Cole, which prob means there are second opinions or test confirmations waiting to come in. Perhaps more telling, the Pirates switched Thursday's projected starter from Cole to "TBA." On his Sunday radio show, Neal Huntington said it's possible for Cole Train to end up on the DL. That would free up Jameson Taillon for a return trip.
- He added that they were looking at catchers prior to Fran's injury; they suspected he wasn't 100%. Erik Kratz had an opt-out for 6/15, so in effect the Bucs sent the Halos some cash to get Erik to Pittsburgh for an extra four days on the roster.
- Per Elias Sports Bureau, Pittsburgh has won 50+ home games for three straight seasons (2013–15) for the first time in franchise history. They're 18-14 this tear, so they have to pick up the pace for a fourth season.
- Indy OF Willy Garcia has an 11 game hitting streak. After a cold start in AAA, he was hitting .264 going into today.
- To clarify the Ike Davis release - he wasn't cut loose by the Rangers, but opted out of his AAA contract to sign a MLB deal w/the Yankees, per Adam Rubin. He's back...
Sunday, June 12, 2016
Couple of late notes: