|Cole Train again got no support (photo Pittsburgh Pirates)|
Grienke had his slider going tonight; he would have been a challenge for the regular lineup. But Gerrit's complete lack of support continues. He's given up nine earned runs (11 overall) in his past six starts and is 1-3 over that span; the last five games he's started have been one-run contests with the Pirates losing four. The Pirates have lost half their lineup, so the struggle is real, but you'd hope one or two of the guys would step up. Oh well, back to the grind tomorrow night with Tyler Glasnow.
- The Pirates stranded no runners tonight; a homer and two caught stealings after walks kept the bases clear.
- Pittsburgh has scored seven runs, gotten 15 hits (15-for-123, .122 BA) and K'ed 44 times in the first four games of their western swing.
|Huddy was remembered by the D-Back nation (photo Dave Arrigo/Pirates)|
- Daniel Hudson was welcomed back to Chase Field with a video clip much like the Bucs did for Jared Hughes. Huddy was a D-Back from 2010-16 and acknowledged the fans with a tip o' the cap from the pen.
- Altoona SS Kevin Newman will play tomorrow. He was beaned in the head yesterday and spent three hours in the hospital, but only suffered a contusion and is thankfully good to go after a day of gulping Advils.
- Nick Kingham spun five innings of one-hit ball in his 2017 debut for Bradenton, with no runs, walks or whiffs.