- C Mike McKenry may not be a future option for the Pirates now that they've added Chris Stewart to the fold. Chris Cotillo of The Daily Dish says other clubs have been checking in on The Fort, so his Bucco days may be a thing of the past.
- Baseball News Source's Christopher Moran compares aces in the making, Gerrit Cole and the Indians Danny Salazar.
- Paul White of USA Today went about building "...the best (MLB) team a reasonable amount of money can buy" and put three Pirates on it - OF Starling Marte, IF Jordy Mercer and RHP Mark Melancon, with Cutch just getting nosed by Mike Trout.
- More on payroll: Peter Gammons says the Bucs, along with the other sub-$100M payroll playoff clubs, are "...proof that very smart, innovative leadership can beat traditional spending habits."
- Greg Thurston of Climbing Tal's Hill says one time Pirate prospect LHP Rudy Owens may be facing a crossroads this season after missing most of last year with a stress fracture.
Saturday, January 4, 2014
Notes & News
The hot stove keeps burnin'...