Yesterday: Steven Brault pitched two strong frames, Eric Wood doubled and chased home a pair of runs while Jose Osuna went 2-for-2 with a double and RBI, but it ended up a 3-3 draw with the Bravos after the smoke cleared. The Pirates had eight hits with five two-baggers and worked five walks but stranded nine runners, going 2-for-15 w/RISP.
- OF Daniel Nava had back surgery yesterday for a herniated disc and will be out of action for 10-12 weeks. No surprise there as he's had recent back woes. His absence helps cull out the bench herd; still a handful of players left to vie for the last seat on the pine.
- Altoona C Jin-de Jhang has been shut down with an elbow issue; he's Altoona's guy and fifth on the depth chart.
- Joe Musgrove's first bullpen went well as he works his way toward tossing PT. AJ Schugel will be shut down briefly to rest his wing after he was pulled with soreness during Monday's game.
- Bo Schultz and Nick Burdi, both recovering from TJ surgery, are progressing. Bo is ready to throw BP - he may ready by camp's end - and Nik is working off flat ground; he's projected as a mid-summer returnee.
- Andrew Simon of MLB.com has a short list of young starters he looks to break out this year; Jameson Taillon is among them.
- If you have solid scroll skills, MLB.com has a list of every team's "fluid" projected lineup, rotation and depth; we're not so sure the Bucco order is quite all that set yet.