- 1982 - RHP Eddie Solomon was sent to the Chicago White Sox for 3B Jim Morrison. Solomon was released after the season, while Morrison found a home in Pittsburgh for six years with a .274 BA, 57 HR and 241 RBI in 552 games.
- 1985 - Jose DeLeon fanned 11 in seven innings to beat the Phillies‚ 3-2 at TRS, backed by homers from Johnny Ray and Sixto Lezcano. DeLeon‚ who didn’t win his first game until June 2nd‚ lost his next 11 to finish the campaign at 2-19. His 4.70 ERA was the worst of his career until his final season in 1995.
|Jose DeLeon 1985 Fleer|
- 1992 - The Pirates won their fourth straight one-run game by a 5-4 count over the Mets at Shea Stadium. Andy Van Slyke brought in Gary Varsho with a ninth inning sac fly for the victory. They took consecutive 3-2 wins over the Mets in the first two games of the series and started the streak with a 2-1 win over the Phillies.
- 1996 - Jeff King singled home Jason Kendall and Mike Kingery in the ninth to send Rob Nen and the Florida Marlins to a 5-4 defeat at TRS. Florida had raced out to a 4-0 lead as Matt Ruebel could only get three outs in his start, but Ramon Morel, Jon Lieber, Dan Miceli and Dan Plesac tossed eight shutout innings, giving up four hits and striking out eight Fish.
- 2003 - Aramis Ramirez homered and doubled, driving in four runs, while Jack Wilson smacked three two-baggers good for three RBI among his four hits as the Pirates outslugged the Tampa Bay Rays 12-9 at Tropicana Field.
- 2006 - Two unlikely run producers, Jose Castillo and Zach Duke, combined for seven RBI to propel Pittsburgh to a 9-7 win over the Cardinals at PNC Park. Castillo had a double and homer to drive in four runs and Duke had a pair of singles to plate three.
|Robinzon Diaz 2010 Topps|
- 2009 - The Pirates hosted the Detroit Tigers during the 100th anniversary year of their 1909 World Series meeting. Both teams wore throwback uniforms and stadium's PA and sound systems were also turned off, simulating the game conditions in 1909 for the 27,565 fans on hand. Pittsburgh won the game, 6–3, as Robinzon Diaz drove in three runs off Dontrelle Willis and Ross Ohlendorf went six strong innings for the victory.
- 2011 - The Bucs beat the Astros 1-0 at Minute Maid Park. Jeff Karstens threw 6-2/3 innings of three-hit ball and five relievers picked up the slack, with Joel Hanrahan getting the save. The only run came in the second when Neil Walker singled off Bud Norris, went to second on a wild pitch and scored on Garrett Jones’ knock.
- 2015 - The Pirates defeated the Phils 1-0 in 11 innings at PNC Park. AJ Burnett and Cole Hamels left the game a scoreless draw before the Bucs staged a two-out rally to walk off with the win. Neil Walker singled with two down, Jose Tabata reached on an error, and Josh Harrison’s first-pitch single off Jonathan Papelbon knocked Walker home. The Pirates swept the series; the opener was also a 1-0 victory that took 13 innings, with Starling Marte’s two-out single bringing home the game winner.