Starters: Erik Bedard, Kevin Correia, Jeff Karstens, and James McDonald, with AJ Burnett and Charlie Morton on the DL. Both should be back by May.
Bullpen: Juan Cruz, Jason Grilli, Joel Hanrahan, Jared Hughes, Chris Leroux, Evan Meek, Daniel Moskos, Chris Resop and Tony Watson.
Infield: Pedro Alvarez, Clint Barmes, Josh Harrison, Matt Hague, Garrett Jones, Casey McGehee, Yamaiko Navarro and Neil Walker.
Catcher: Rod Barajas and Mike McKenry.
Outfield: Andrew McCutchen, Nate McLouth, Alex Presley and Jose Tabata.
If the Bucs go with an extra bat to open the season, a pair of Leroux, Hughes and Moskos will head back to Indy. If they take an extra arm, a pitcher and either Harrison or Hague go to the farm. They have until 5 PM Wednesday to set the roster, so...
- Tonight's lineup looks a lot like the everyday one Clint Hurdle will start the year off with against righties: Alex Presley LF, Jose Tabata RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Neil Walker 2B, Garrett Jones 1B, Rod Barajas C, Pedro Alvarez 3B and Clint Barmes SS. Throw in Casey McGehee and either Matt Hague/Josh Harrison, and that's the lefty attack.
- AJ Burnett threw four shutout innings and 54 pitches against the AAA squad yesterday. He's scheduled to make a rehab start Friday for High A Bradenton.
- Matt Hague led all MLB players with 7 home runs this spring, the most by a Bucco since Craig Wilson hit 8 in 2005. He batted .385 with 14 RBI, second in camp to Garrett Jones' 16.
- Pirate prospect RHP Kyle McPherson will start the season on the Indy's DL due to shoulder inflammation. He missed several days of camp with a sore arm, as reported by Tim Williams of Pirates Propects.
- The Bucs will play an exhibition against their AA club, Altoona, next season. Depending on the MLB schedule, it looks like an April 1st or 2nd date.