- The Buccos signed RHP Trey Haley, 25, who was in the Cleveland Indians' farm system. He went a combined 4-4-1/2.45 ERA at the AA/AAA levels, along with 60 K and 32 BB in 55 IP. Haley was selected in the second round of the 2008 draft. The Texan is 6'4", has a mid-to-upper-90s heater (along with a good two-seamer & curve) and no control, a perfect Pirate fit. The righty was placed on the 40-man roster, replacing RHP Guido Knudson, who the Bucs would like to keep if he gets through waivers.
|Trey Haley (photo media day 2015)|
- Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs really likes the pickup of Neftali Feliz.
- Nick Cafardi of the Boston Globe: "Yovani Gallardo seems to be the next significant starter to go in free agency. Gallardo has a few teams interested, each of which are hoping to score a bargain. And it appears the teams are looking for a two- or three-year deal. Scott Kazmir’s recent three-year, $48 million deal with the Dodgers could be an indication of what Gallardo could land. Look for the Orioles, Blue Jays, Pirates, Royals, and Cubs to be in on Gallardo."
- The Pirates released 25 year old RHP Casey Sadler a couple of weeks ago without any fanfare. He had TJ surgery in October, following a forearm issue that ended his 2015 season in June. Casey will sit out this year after the TJ work and try to catch on as a depth option somewhere in 2017.
- The Bucs have a pair of 2016 home games slated to be shown by Fox: June 11th vs the Cardinals and July 9th vs the Cubs. Both are 7:15 starts.
- Jim Cheney of Uncovering PA has the story on the six HoF'ers buried in Pittsburgh; it's a good read for those who appreciate the 'Burgh's long baseball history.