|Josh Harrison is comin' on (photo: Dave Arrigo/Pirates)|
The regulars, two days in a row! Hey, why fix something that isn't broke; the Bucs have won 6-of-8 and are making Clint look awfully smart. And he has used all the lineup; the only position players that haven't appeared in at least 11 games so far are the back-up catchers.
- The Bucs have nine wins, but zero so far from Frankie Liriano and AJ, although the pair have given up just 10 runs in 36 IP (2.50 ERA) over six starts. Jeff Locke, Vance Worley and Casey Sadler have five wins already; go figure.
- Since the start of the 2012 season, Tony Watson leads all MLB lefty relief pitchers in appearances (223). He also leads NL lefty relievers in ERA (2.08) since 2013 and ranks second in the Majors in that time behind New York’s Andrew Miller (2.06).
- The Pirates traditionally were brutal, especially on the road, against their NL West foes (SF, LA, SD, COL, ARI), but that's changing of late. The Bucs are 21-12 v them since last season, with an 11-7 slate playing in the west. Pittsburgh has won seven of their last 10 games played at Chase Field.
- Brandon Moss homered twice and drove in a career-high seven runs for the Indians last night. He has just a .214 BA, but an .850 OPS, kinda Pedro-esque numbers.
- If you're wondering, Travis Snider's slash with the O's is .298/.389/.447. His .836 OPS tops that of any of the every day Buccos, ahead of Starling Marte's .823 OPS average.