- Gregory Polanco has hit safely in six straight games.
- Jung-Ho Kang has hit a bit of a speed bump on the left coast. He's gone hitless in his last 14 at bats after hitting a three-run homer in his first up of the road trip.
- Remember all the sturm and drung re: Mark the Shark? He's had eight straight scoreless outings and picked up saves in five consecutive appearances.
- AJ has won each of his last five starts, his longest winning streak since winning nine in a row with the Pirates in 2012.
- Little early for this, but Fangraphs features a playoff possibility chart. Right now, the Cards, Bucs and Cubs are all odds-on to play in the post season.
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
AJ v Heston; Lineup & Notes
Today's Game - AJ Burnett (5-1, 1.81) faces Chris Heston (5-3, 3.82). Burnett has been a rock so far, with his franchise record of nine straight season-opening streak of two-earned-runs-or-less outings finally snapped in his last start. He's 6-3 with a 2.04 ERA in 10 career starts against the Giants, with a 1-1 record as a Bucco and a no-decision last year as a Phil, even though he tossed eight scoreless frames. Heston has been up-and-down, with six quality starts in 10 outings, and is a depth arm making the most as a Matt Cain/Jake Peavy fill-in. He has a decided home field bias, tossing to a 2.16 ERA at AT&T Park, and no track record against the Bucs. The game starts at 10:15 and is on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Jordy is back in the lineup; he's got a hotter stick than does JHK so far on this road trip. Otherwise, same ol' as the Bucs go for two in a row at Frisco.