|Charlie sets 'em down (photo Andy Lyons/Getty Images)|
Jeff Locke and John Danks go at it tomorrow night at Chicago as Jeff looks to let the good times roll.
- Tonight was the fifth shutout for the Pirates in six games. The Bucs are the fifth team ever to have five shutouts in six game span, with one of the others being the 1903 Pirates per Elias Sports. The Bucs have won all six, giving up three runs total in that time. This is the first time Pittsburgh pitching has tossed three straight shutouts since 1976 against the Cardinals at TRS, with John Candelaria, Jim Rooker and Jerry Reuss doing the honors.
- Fran Cervelli ran his scoreless streak behind the dish to 51 innings, approaching Ed Phelps 1903 franchise mark of 54 frames.
- Starling, Cutch and Sean Rod each had two hits tonight. For Marte, it's his fifth straight multi-hit game.
- Mark Melancon has converted 19 consecutive saves and has 21 on the year.
- Three different Pirates were HBP tonight, by three different pitchers. Guess the Sox decided to work inside after staying away from the Pirates last game.
- The Bucs have swept a MLB high seven series so far this campaign.
- Ol' Bucco Brock Holt hit for cycle today, the first time a Red Sox has done that since 1996. Seems like that deal turned out pretty much Mark the Shark for Brock.