Clint's been using one rotating player during this sudden burst of southpaws. Today, JT sits and The Kid gets into a game while Pedro & Gregory sit. JHK is hitting cleanup for the third straight night and jack of all trades Josh heads to right field. And jeez, Jordy's been hot, but batting a spot above Neil Walker?
- Josh Harrison & Starling Marte collected four hits each last night, marking just the second time in the last 35 years that the top two batters in the Bucco starting lineup had four hits apiece. The other occurrence came on July 26th, 2005, when the batters were Matt Lawton (4-for-4) and Chris Duffy (4-for-5), in a 6-3 win at Florida.
- Fran Cervelli has played 49 games for the Bucs, the same # he played all of last season for the Yankees. For guys that think he's having a breakout year - he's got an .803 OPS (.323/.402/.401) this year, compared to .802 (.301/.370/.432) in 2014.
- Counting numbers: The Pirate rotation has the most starter wins in the MLB with 30, going hand-in-hand with their league-best ERA of 2.88.
- Pedro made his MLB debut against these same ChiSox in 2010 at PNC Park. He went 0-for-2 with a walk and run scored.
- Paul Sporer of Fangraphs writes that if you don't have Charlie Morton on your fantasy team already, roster him now.
- Michael Schmidt of the NY Times reports that the FBI is looking into the Cardinals possible hacking of the Astro's player database. We're sure this was predicted somewhere in Moneyball.