|Charlie on the hill (photo USA Today)|
Today's Lineup - Gregory Polanco RF, Jung-Ho Kang SS, Cutch CF, A-Ram 3B, Fran Cervelli C, Michael Morse 1B, Neil Walker 2B, Sean Rodriguez LF, Morton P.
Not your usual lefty lineup, with JHK moved to the two hole (he's hit in every lineup spot but leadoff) and Morse getting the nod at first. The rearrangement does make some sense; no real reason for Fran to be hitting in the bottom third of the order.
- The Pirates have won five straight vs the Mets, Pittsburgh's longest winning streak v NY since taking seven in a row in 1992.
- Liking leadoff: Gregory Polanco is hitting .378 this month, which ranks first in the NL and second in the majors behind Detroit’s Ian Kinsler (.383). El Coffee also leads the MLB this month in OBP at .462. To boot, he's on an eight game hitting streak.
- Neil Walker leads all NL second basemen with 39 extra base hits this season.
- In his last eight games, A-Ram has gone 10-for-32 with six RBI after going 4-for-34 in his first eight outings.
- Clint Hurdle won his 400th game as manager of the Pirates last nite. His next victory will tie him with George Gibson for the eighth-most wins by a Pirates manager.
- Mr. Everywhere: Sean Rodriguez has made 71 appearances at first base, 13 in LF, 10 in RF, eight at third base, five at second base & one at short.
- Vance Worley is getting the start tonight at Indy.