- Both Bucco reps got in the ASG, a 4-2 AL victory, last night. Mark the Shark gave up a walk and then closed out the inning with a grounder while Starling went 1-for-1 with a two-out, first pitch pinch hit single to right and played an inning in center field.
|The M &M boys did themselves proud in San Diego (photo Charles LeClaire/USA Today)|
- Jung Ho Kang's sexual assault charges won't be addressed by MLB until the Chicago Police are done gathering information.
- At the top of MLB Trade Rumors list of "Best Low-Cost Off Season Acquisitions" is David Freese.
- P Frank Duncan will represent the Indianapolis Indians at the 2016 AAA All-Star Game tonight. Tyler Glasnow and Josh Bell were originally selected to represent the Tribe, but are out due to their recent promotions to the Pirates. Duncan is on his second stint with the Indians this season after first reaching Indy on May 10th. He is 5-4 with a 2.56 ERA in 10 starts for the Tribe, including a 4-1 mark with a 1.76 ERA in five June outings.
- The Brewers claimed Rob Scahill off waivers from the Bucs and optioned him to AAA Colorado Springs. Scahill was DFA'ed when the Bucs claimed Eric Fryer from the Cardinals last week.
- Prep LHP Nick Lodolo was considered a tough sign, even at #41 over in the draft, and proved so by shunning the Pirates offer and heading off to TCU. The Bucs will receive the 42nd overall pick next year as compensation.
- About time: In 2017, HS pitchers will have a pitch count ceiling, as mandated by the National HS Baseball overlords. In PA, the limits were set on innings, with the number of tosses varying wildly. The PIAA will determine the new rules this year and they should be in effect for next season.