- Jon Morosi of Fox Sports reports that the "Pirates have been overwhelmed by trade interest in reliever Justin Wilson and are willing to listen, sources tell Ken Rosenthal and me." (The Nats are one of those teams.) No surprise; LH power pitchers under team control hold a ton of market value, and he's only a year away from being in a rotation, so he could be conceivably be converted back to a starting role...or a set-up man/closer. And if the brass are getting calls on Wilson, bet that Tony Watson is of big interest, too.
- He added that the Bucs are one of the teams showing some interest in Jason Hammel.
- Jayson Stark of ESPN notes that one name to file away that fits their (Pittsburgh's) mold: Edinson Volquez.
- Jon Heyman of CBS Sports heard that "AJ Burnett remains 'torn' about whether to pitch in 2014, says friend. Could be bucs, but Orioles closer for MD resident." AJ lives about a dozen miles north of Baltimore, in Monkton. Travis Sawchik of the Trib tweets that AJ Burnett's agent is in Orlando at the meetings. So maybe decision time is nearing.
- OF Harold Ramirez has been named to the Colombian Winter League All-Star game, per Pirate Prospect's John Dreker.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Day Three: Baseball Meetings, Rumors & Notes, AM Edition
Some late happenings: