- David Schoenfield of ESPN's Sweet Spot has three questions for the Pirates...
- Zach Morrison of Rant Sports has five moves the Bucs could make at the baseball meetings; none are a surprise.
- Clint Hurdle is already at the baseball meetings, scheduled to begin tomorrow.
- Garrett Jones is reported to have signed with the Marlins for two years/$7.5M.
- 1B Mike Napoli, who would have fit the Bucs perfectly, signed back up with the Red Sox on a reported two year/$32M deal. He reportedly turned down a three-year offer to return to Boston, so he was never a likely Pirate prospect.
- The Nats signed Nate McLouth for two years/$10.75M with a $6.5M club option year.
- Chad Qualls, who was banged around briefly as Buc in 2012, signed a two year/$6M deal including an option with the Astros after cleaning up his mechanics post-Pittsburgh.
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Random Stuff Before the Baseball Meeting...
Bucco Baseball Stuff...