Arrieta has developed into not just an ace, but Cy Young material. In his last eight starts, he's 8-0 with a 0.46 ERA and he could become baseball’s first 20-game winner of 2015 tonight. Arrietta hasn't had much pushback from the Bucs. In three starts against the Pirates this year, Jake is 2-1 with a 0.86 ERA, with 19 whiffs against four walks in 21 IP. In two starts at PNC Park, his ERA is 0.64. It'll be a tall order for AJ & the Corsairs to burst his bubble, especially if they leak a couple of runs away as is their norm. The game starts at 7:05 and will be on ESPN, Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
- Cutch has reached base safely in 24 straight games, dating back to August 21st.
- Starling Marte recorded his NL-leading 16th game-winning RBI in the first game of Tuesday’s doubleheader.
- The Pirates have surrendered a run in the first inning in three straight games and in five of their last six.
- The Pirates are 50-23 at home in 2015, the third straight season in which they've won 50+ games at PNC Park. It's the first time in franchise history that's occurred.
- Tonight will feature a tribute to Roberto Clemente, with his family members on hand. And not just at PNC Park; it's a celebration in all the MLB stadia. But Pittsburgh is his home, and Mayor Bill Peduto declared it "Roberto Clemente Day" citywide.
|Just a reminder of who the Pirates face today, Friday & Saturday (photo USA Today)|