Hendricks struggled after the ASG, but his last game was a strong performance, albeit against the Phillies. He claims to have rediscovered his mechanics after watching film of his minor league days; guess we'll see this afternoon. He hasn't fared very well against the Buccos, going 0-1/5.63 in three starts this season. The get-away game begins at 12:35 and will be on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
It's been quite a September series between the two playoff bound clubs, with every game decided by a run; we'll see how the drama plays out today. Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead one more time...
|Cutch is on reset today (photo Charles LeClaire/USA Today)|
Cutch takes five (he was the only Pirate to start both ends of Tuesday's DH) and JHK slides back to SS for the day.
- Starling Marte rifled his league-leading 13th outfield assist last night, the most by a Pirates outfielder since Jason Bay had 13 in 2007. The last Bucco OF'er with more was Barry Bonds, who shared the league lead in 1990 with New York’s Kevin McReynolds with 14 toss-outs. The Pirates lead all NL teams with 33 outfield assists.
- Cutch had a streak of 24 straight games of reaching base snapped last night.
- Joe Blanton has gone 3-0 with a 1.33 ERA in 15 games covering 27 IP as a Pirate.
- The Bucs are 10-0-1 in their last 11 series played on the North Shore since losing a home set to the Reds in late June; let's hope that string continues.
- Following today’s game the Pirates embark on their final road trip of the regular season, a testy 10-gamer to Los Angeles (three games), Colorado (four) and Chicago (three).